Required documents for marriage reporting
- Documents to be prepared by foreign nationals
- An original copy of the proof of requirements for marriage: A certificate proving that the concerned party is unmarried and has no problems for marriage in regard to the party ' s national law. This must be issued by an authorized office that can prove the party ' s present status.
- A copy of Korean translation of the proof of requirements for marriage: The form of translation is not specified. Even if the translation is somewhat different from the original copy in its meaning, this will not matter if the difference is not seriously concerned with the party ' s status.
- Documents to be prepared by Korean nationals: Two copies of the full family census register of the party.
Two copies of the Report and certificate of marriage
- The reports are installed in nearby si/gu/eup/myeon offices, two adult witnesses are required when making out the report(Witnesses above twenty years must record their names addresses, resident registration numbers and sign and seal) Process to report marriage
Process according to the law of Korea
- Arrange documents stated above and report to the office in charge of family registration in home address region or present address region
Process according to the laws of foreign countries
- First get married and arrange for issue of marrige certification according to the concerned nation's law(Foreign law) from concerned foreign legation in Korea, and report to the office in charge of family registration in one party's(Korean national) home address region or present address region.
Where to report marriage
- Office in charge of family registration in home address region or present address region